The representative of His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari, Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Prof Isa Ali Ibrahim (Pantami) delivered the remarks of Mr President during the 3rd National Identity Day with the theme: Identity, a tool for sustainable Digital Economy and National Security.
His Excellency, President Buhari;
1. Commended the effort of all Stakeholders in the Digital Economy Sector;
2. Urged all Stakeholders to redouble their efforts and commitments to having a harmonized National Identity Database for Nigeria;
3. Reiterated the importance of National Identity as a tool for Sustainable National Development;
4. Called for an enhanced synergy between the various data collection institutions such as the National Population Commission and National Identity Management Commission;
5. Commended NIMC on its enhanced efficiency within the last 11 months under the supervision of the Federal Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy; and
6. Launched and unveiled 3 indigenous innovative solutions developed to enhance Digital Identity enrollment in Nigeria.
The solutions include (s)
A. Improved NIMC MobileID Application
B. Tokenization Solution
C. Contactless Enrolment Solution