The representative of His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari, Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Prof Isa Ali Ibrahim (Pantami) delivered the remarks of Mr President during the 3rd National Identity Day with the theme: Identity, a tool for sustainable Digital Economy and National Security.
His Excellency, President Buhari;
1. Commended the effort of all Stakeholders in the Digital Economy Sector;
2. Urged all Stakeholders to redouble their efforts and commitments to having a harmonized National Identity Database for Nigeria;
3. Reiterated the importance of National Identity as a tool for Sustainable National Development;
4. Called for an enhanced synergy between the various data collection institutions such as the National Population Commission and National Identity Management Commission;
5. Commended NIMC on its enhanced efficiency within the last 11 months under the supervision of the Federal Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy; and
6. Launched and unveiled 3 indigenous innovative solutions developed to enhance Digital Identity enrollment in Nigeria.
The solutions include (s)
A. Improved NIMC MobileID Application
B. Tokenization Solution
C. Contactless Enrolment Solution
more recommended stories
INTL. WOMEN DAY: NITDA IMPLEMENTS INITIATIVES TO BRIDGE GENDER DIVIDE
The Director General, National Information.
Airtel, UNICEF to Connect 300,000 Students to Digital Learning
L-R: Vice President, Corporate Communications and.
Danbatta Applauds Four Retiring NCC Staff
Mr. Ibrahim, who spent 26 years.
NCC commits to bridging digital gender divide …As Danbatta Bags ‘Icon of Digital Revolution Award’
Danbatta, who was represented by.
NASRDA, NESREA, NiMET, Others Decry Human Activities Causing Poor Air Quality
The National Space Research and Development.
Agency Inaugurates Committee on Restructuring, Vacancy Creation
Prof. Abdullahi Mustapha, Director-General, National Biotechnology.
Experts Seek Grassroots Technological Inclusiveness to Bridge Digital Divide
Panelists at the ABC 2nd Economic.
Pantami Inaugurates Governing Boards of 3 Parastatals
Isa Pantami The Minister of Communications.
NITDA Calls for Contributions to the National AI Policy
The National Information Technology Development Agency.
Pantami Takes Digital Economic Agenda to Minna
Pantami who spoke to an audience.
Leave a Comment